• completed vocational training or study
• good language skills in English and in either French or Spanish, depending on the host country
• active involvement in action by civil society organisations, e.g. against discrimination or for peaceful community relations
• nonviolent conflict resolution skills
• organisational ability and excellent communication skills
• the ability to work in a team and emotional stability
• specialist qualifications appropriate to the particular placement
Salaries and health and social insurance contributions for EIRENE peace workers are set by the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
The schedule of financial benefits is available for downloading.